Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mschart

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbge

Technical User
Jan 28, 2001
US
Doesn't anyone use mschart?? Need help saving mschart in the least amount of memory(under 50kb,if possible)??

I don't understand very well what you mean with "save". I use 8 MS Charts in my application, and the whole exe file is 170 Kb. You want to save the chart in a separate file?

And maybe this one is very far from what you want, but... if you copy the chart and paste as an image file?

I would like to save the mschart in a separate file with less than 50kb of memory. I tried this with bit maps and paint but they use much too much memory(around 500kb). Can you show me your code on how you save 8 charts with only 170kb. Thanks, rbge.

No, there's no code for that, the 170 kb is the size of my whole application (generated exe file), and inside the application there are 8 charts.

If a graphic file is a valid solution for you, and bmp is too big, maybe you can use an image converter to use jpeg. I think it shouldn't be difficult to find a free image converter (maybe in gnu or tucows, free software) that you can call via shell(), i.e. in command line, so you can program the task, without need of copying, paste and convert each time you need it.

thanks nnzz, I'll try to find an image converter. Any other suggestions that come to mind would be appreciated. Do you know anything of .png files???

I know .png files are a lot more compact than other picture formats.

:-V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back