Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSB460 EXECUTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

chibag

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
GB
MSB460 Production stats Model update is called by MSO435 during update of logsheets. When it goes into the MSF080 file viewed in MSO083 it is has an 'N' process-status. I want this program to be executed and to leave my report queues immediately for example 'Picking Slips'. What do I do?

You may need to raise a w/o with Mincom to change the calling program so that the request for MSB460 is created with status 'I' instead of 'N'. This will cause the program to execute and exit.

Calator

I tried to do this without MINCOM support I changed a Cobol program mso435.cbl were start-option is required I changed the 'I' to an 'N' still this did not help the report simply freezes with the 'I' this time any other ideas.

I can see what you're saying, tried it out myself, sorry - no idea. You probably know that as it stands in the original setup as 'N', it will be picked up and run during the overnight, it will not stay hanging forever.

I've tackled this same problem before. Put the request up with a status of 'I' and create a script which is called by cron say every 15 minutes to 'mimsrts MSB460'. The downside is you'll have to manage any output yourself as it won't be automatically spooled.

If you're running Tuxedo your script probably should be a call to 'bec.pl' instead of 'mimsrts'. Your command line would look something like:

'bec.pl -stream msb460_stream -task MSB460' If you go down this path you'll need to create a new stream in Autosys and the batch.tbl.

Good luck.

I'd try doing what the picking slip processing does. e.g. Try the following (this macro call I found in mso142.cbl, section 93210-SUBMIT-PSLIP-REQUEST, and another example in mso62p.cbl which actually checks the value of the return code, section 3210-REQUEST-FOR-PRINT):
Code:
  EXEC SUBMIT-BATCH
       PROGRAM     (program)
       RETURN-CODE (return code)
  END-EXEC.
The mso62p.cbl example also has the call to mss080 in the preceding code which is similar to this mso435.cbl code.

Do you really want to alter source code? If so, put in a user exit, otherwise you may run into support problems.

You can take care of it with appropriate entries in the batch.tbl, depending on which version you're on......

How can this be done in version 4.1/4.3

The problem here is that submitting of any batch job to run automatically without altering source code.

In a Mincom-TP environment, the TP will "detect" jobs that are submitted for execution. In a Tuxedo/BEC world, you can invoke these automatically by simply firing the BEC trigger that resides on the database table MSF080 as follows:

UPDATE MSF080 SET creation_date = creation_date WHERE prog_name = <program_name>; This won't work in later versions of BEC though as the trigger is removed.

For Mincom-TP based systems, your best bet is to simply invoke the job manually via a 'cron' like task every, say, 5 minutes or so by directly calling either the mimsoci task or the mimsrts task as indicated.

If anyone needs some script assistance, let me know.

To avoid source code changes, you could even go so far - to specifically solve this problem - of adding a trigger to your MSF080 table to fire ONLY when the job inserted is MSB460 and then take the appropriate action to invoke the job from the command line. Later versions of MIMS and ELLIPSE all handle this for you.

Regards,

SteveC
Mincom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back