Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

msado25.tlb failed to register

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojangles

Programmer
May 27, 2000
This might have been covered, but search is not working.
I'm using VB6, SP5 and Installer 1.1 to package an application. My developement machine uses Windows XP Pro.
I install MDAC 25.0.4403.12 on the target machines except on target machines that have Windows XP Pro. They ALL give the same error.

My app compiles on the developement machine with no errors, but upon installation,
an error occurs: "MSADO25.TLB FAILED TO REGISTER". I click continue and it installs fine and executes fine. No problem.

I have tried not including MSADO25.TLB in my package, but that produces an error causing the app to not install.

What must I do to eliminate the error "MSADO25.TLB FAILED TO REGISTER"?

Thanks,
Bojangles

Thank you very much John. The MSDN KB article addresses my problem exactly. It does, however, assume that the PDW is being used to package the application while I am using Installer1.1. Hopefully the resolutions listed will work if using Installer1.1 as well.

Again, thanks a bunch.
Bojangles

Yes the same solution works in 1.1

I had the same error and corrected it using the Microsoft solution and I use Visual Studio Installer 1.1

i had a similar problem and went to references and changed to microsoft activeX Data objects 2.7 Library which points to a .dll.
That worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back