Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSAccess97 form resizing and screen resolution problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesaarnold

Technical User
Oct 9, 2001
US
I was wondring if you can give or get me some help with a problem I ran into?? I'm using Access97 (don't ask why our software is so antiquated). I currently have 4 forms in my database. They are named:

NEW UPDATE FORM, SQE ISSUE UPDATE FORM, UPDATE REPORTS, UPDATE SORT/REWORK/STATUS INFORMATION. Here is my dilemma.

We have approx. 50 workstations and users. The problem is:

When I view the forms on my workstation they fit the screen perfectly. My screen resolution is set to 1024x768 (16 bit). That is also what resolution I used when
I developed the forms. When some of the users view the forms on their workstations the forms are oversized, and they have to scroll to see the complete form,
not to mention they generally look like crap at the lower resolution..

Obviously this is related to the screen resolution. Some users have their resolution set to 600x800, some are even set to 640x480. Is there anything I can do to
have MSaccess reset the screen resolution on the workstations to something smaller when the users view the forms. I need for the forms to be viewed on one page
instead of having to scroll to see the complete form?

I think what I need is some type of visual basic command and modules to make this happen..Am I correct? If this is the case what do I do..I'm very new to all of this, and have no clue about VB, or writing the scripts or modules. Is there someplace I can go to find it pre-written, and just paste it in? And where would I paste it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

James

You could develop 3 forms - same content, designed for different display sizes. You could then attempt to detect the user's screen settings, and open the appropriate form for the resolution setting of the user.

But what a pain in the !@#$!@#$!@#$@# !!!

Why not redesign the form using the lowest resolution available in your office? Save you a headache or 3 down the road ...

HTH

Greg

If you don't understand, just nod and smile ...

chrissie1, if it's a "little app" how about posting it here. (I checkout out the site and it wasn't immediately obvious.) I've seen several "bits" of code that address this issue and they fill a 3" binder.

Ann

its right in the middle of the screen
try access form resizer

Freeware Developer Products

Access 2000 Database Property Editor
Edit an MDBs start up properties externally.
Access Form Resizer
Resize forms to fit the current screen resolution.

"What a wonderfull world" - Louis armstrong

Thanks chrissie1. I got it this time. Now I can't wait to get to work and try it out on some of my stuff. If it works for me I'll definitely be back here to give you a GREAT BIG STAR.

Ann

Just wanted to thank you Chrissie..the form resizer worked great! Jamie is brilliant! I would recommend this to anybody with a similar problem..

Thanks Again!

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back