Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

msaccess xp (missing tables and queries)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBN

MIS
May 31, 2001
US
We have a shared access database whose tables and queries have disappeared. The strange thing is, we open up any one of the forms and the records are there. We also cannot create any new queries, as we get an error message stating the records have been deleted. Where'd they go? The database resides on a windows 2000 server. We are running Office xp sp2. Thanks.

JBN

I have not seen this one before. Somethings to consider...
- Be prepared to restore from a recent backup. Since this database resides on a server, I am assuming your I guys do backups.
- Long shot, have the tables and queries been hidden? Under the Tools / Options, check off options to display hidden and system objects.
- Use the compact and repaird database utility.
- Back to your IT support. Another long shot. Have they implemented security policies? This may explain why you can not create a query.

Did the compact and repair, that did the trick. Should have thought of that myself. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back