Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSACCESS.EXE not releasing from Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wantabie

Programmer
Apr 29, 2004
US
I am wondering if there is anyone that could tell me why Microsoft Access 2002/2003 is not being released from Windows task manager..

On some occassions I would have to go into the Windows Task Manager and delete the MSACCESS.EXE event, so that, i can reopen my access database.

Can anyone help in this matter?

Good question. I have seen this with Outlook 2003 before, myself.

I have seen more of this with Access (haven't seen it with 2003 since I've been using it), specifically with shared databases, or databases accessed accross networks. My guess is that it could have something to do with network connections or related, but I wouldn't know for sure.

You might also want to try asking this in a Windows Forum based on your operating system (2000, XP, or other) or trying the Microsoft Access: Other forum.

Microsoft: Windows XP Pro Forum - forum779

Microsoft: Access Other topics Forum - forum181

Another thing to think about to me would be: is this only occuring with particular databases, or just anything opened in Access? And, is this only occuring on one machine, or with multiple machines? If you have a roaming profile (one user can use any computer on a network), is this with just one user, or multiple users. It could be a reinstall would fix it, or settings changes to a user profile..

Are you talking about hanging after programatic code release or the process hangs itself in task manager?
From your question it's not clear yet...
If you are using any programming language with ms-access, then it's a matter of code not releasing the object.

Sharing the best from my side...

--Prashant--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back