Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

msaccess error: could not create no modify design permission for table

Status
Not open for further replies.

normalice

Technical User
Sep 15, 2010
US
i have much more that 2GB of data in several .CSV files that I'm trying to convert into access databases. I've set up everything i need to read and write into the databases.

I have a "main" database that has the linked tables to all of these databases, which are named in sequence (as implied below).

I have the data-only databases made and ready.

Currently, I have a form in the main database that collects this data, creates the new data-only databases as neccissary, and then creates a linked table to this new data-only database. However, the migration is going too slowly and I want to create another series of access files that contain forms that handle pre-determined sections of the .CSV files.

What all of this boils down to is this:

A simplified version of what I currently have is this:
Set dbLocal = Currentdb()
Set tbfNewAttached = dbLocal.CreateTableDef("zzooo")
With tbfNewAttached
.Connect = ";database=K:\Common\Database\Aisin Hub\Tester Data\Tester Pass 000001.mdb"
.SourceTableName = "Quality - Tester Pass"
End With
dbLocal.TableDefs.Append tbfNewAttached
dbLocal.Close
Set dbLocal = Nothing
Set tbfNewAttached = Nothing

This works quite well, however I no longer want to create this linked table from the "main hub" database, so essentially what I want to do is this:

Set dbLocal = OpenDatabase("K:\Common\Database\Aisin Hub\Aisin.mdb")
Set tbfNewAttached = dbLocal.CreateTableDef("zzooo")
With tbfNewAttached
.Connect = ";database=K:\Common\Database\Aisin Hub\Tester Data\Tester Pass 000001.mdb"
.SourceTableName = "Quality - Tester Pass"
End With
dbLocal.TableDefs.Append tbfNewAttached
dbLocal.Close
Set dbLocal = Nothing
Set tbfNewAttached = Nothing

I get the subject error at the line "dbLocal.TableDefs.Append tbfNewAttached"

Any ideas?

i have much more that 2GB of data

Just FYI that is the upper limit allowed in a single mdb. Could it be that the limit is exceeded in one or more, including the "master"? Try a compact & repair on each and check sizes. If too big, time to upgrade to SQL Server or somesuch.

Ni neart go cur le cheile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back