Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSACCESS caused an invalid page fault... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondends

Technical User
Apr 25, 2003
GB
Hi,

I have created a database using access 2003. The machine that i am want to use the database on runs Win98 with access 2000. I have been testing the database thoughout the testing on both machines, once i left the finished database on the 98 machine a month has gone by with data entry occuring everyday - at the end of the month i tried to print the reports off but Access threw up an Ilegal Operation window that once i clicked the details tab showed this information:

MSACCESS caused an invalid page fault in module MSACCESS.EXE at 0167:300ec0a6.

This only leaves one option to close Access down - so when i opened access up i couldn't view the query, in design view or data view, that powered the report - i also couldn't view the report in either of the views.

I removed the database and copied over a backup and then i found that i could run the reports again - but this only lasted 10mins before i got another ilegal operation:

MSACCESS caused an invalid page fault in module MSAKERNEL32.DLL at 0167:bff886df.

I hope that this all makes sense - do i need to reinstall access or is a compatibility problem between Access 2003 and 2000?

Thanks in advance,

Chris Hill

it seems more likely that you would need to reinstall access or windows and access...

looks like somehow your access files have been messed about with...

Thanks for your reply and the speed with which you did. I was thinking along those lines so this has halped !!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back