Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSAccess 2000 - queries disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.

basement131

Technical User
Feb 23, 2004
CA
has anyone ever had the following problem.
i will run some queries, then close the queries and when i am brought back to the main page of the database the complete listing of my queries is gone.
to be able to view it, i must click one of the other fields (table, forms, reports) and then reclick queries and then they all show up.

any ideas.

Your help & assistance today will be passed on to others tomorrow.

then close the queries
Why closing the queries if you want they all show up ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

PHV
I think the original poster is stating that the window containing the list of available queries on the database is "cleared" when he closes the opened queries, and that the only way for then to "show" up again is to click in one of the other tabs (e.g. tables or reports tab), and then back on the queries tab, at which point they show up again.

If this is the case I have never seen it..sorry

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

Un-expected happening in Access DB!!??
1)Compact/Repair...
2)Import all objects to new shell db.

Fredrico-you were right in your analysis.
i have not tried the compact & repair. and importing to a new shell db.
someone else told me that i could try pressing F5, which is also a bandaid solution, but doesnt solve the problem from reoccuring. i shall try the above suggestion and post if it worked.

txs

Your help & assistance today will be passed on to others tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back