Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSA30 expansion: using both channels through single scici port

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridha121

Technical User
Aug 12, 2010
GB
Hi there

I currently have a msa30 confirgured with 4 300GB RAID 5 drives, I now wish to expand by adding 5 further drives to the MSA. My problem is that when I add the 5 drives to the second channel it does not pick up the drives in the ACU and when I put 3 drives in the first channel it does pick the drives up but not the 2 in the second channel.

Do I need to buy another scici cable for the second channel or can I use both channels through the single scici cable.

If so How do I configure this?

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards

Steve

We had all our MSA30s connected to dual channel controllers. I believe they were SA6400s (6402/6404).

I never tried connecting a single port controller to an MSA30, so I can't help you much there, sorry.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back