Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSA1510i with Backup Exec 11d or NTBackup

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterlyttle

Technical User
Nov 6, 2006
GB
Hello,

I have a MSA 1510i with MSA20 attached via 1Gbit network to my server (HP DL360G5, dual processor, 4gb mem etc).

When I transfer files via explorer I get a good transfer rate even from a network location to the SAN drives that are mounted on the server. However the problem happens that when I use Backup Exec or NTBackup I get very poor speeds (around 600MB/min rather than the 3400MB/min I get with drag/drop in explorer). Symantec have said that its not backup exec as NTBackup has the same issue. I have updated the iSCSI driver, MSA driver and NIC driver and have had no luck.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Cheers,
Peter

Issue resolved. If any hotfixes have been applied to the BE software all the agents MUST be updated to the new version of the agent found in the RAWS32 folder.

Also the backup logon account must be given "Exchange Full Administrator" to resolve access permission problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back