Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSA 1500 rebuild array

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizzy

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2001
AU

Hi there,

I am currently building a new additional array on an MSA 1500 (fiber connection) (its in a different country...so I do not have access)
All seems to be OK except the length of time its taking to complete the task....days.
The array is new (not an expansion) and I immediatley created a logical drive...I thought when I rescanned the drives in disk manager (windows 2003) that I would see a new disk (the new logical drive I created above)...but I don't.

The ACU reports the status message "Background parity initialization is currently queued or in progress on logical drive 2 (RAID5 in arrayB)...etc etc etc"

Is this behaviour to be expected? Do I have to wait days before Windows will see the drive?

The disk should be seen immediately, and the background initializaion is something done during normal use. Are you sure you set the access control list correctly?

Hi Fraxx,

I've not come across ACL before in the HP array environment.
Looking at the ACU manual I assume you mean "Selective Storage Presentation". I am pretty sure that this is not enabled in this environment (it seems that you enable it using a command line)...how can I tell if it is enabled?

Cheers,

show acl

Also, how many disks? Did you do it thru the ACU? Did you save the changes? Do they show up in logical view and physical view? What size are the disks?
I remember having to bounce Windows to see changes in MSA1000's and MSA1500's, as well as MSA60's and MSA70's.

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back