Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

msa 1000 disk array and selective storage presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackrabbit

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2002
US
We currently have an hp msa 1000 disk array with 6 hp bl20p blade servers using selective storage in the disk array to limit which blades can access whoch logical drives. We have room in the blade array for 8 server with six being used and the 7th waiting to be installed.

At one point we had two other blades for a total of 8 and when I would go into the array configuration utility program and look at selective storage presentation they would all be there as active. Well we got rid of two of the blades and eventually we needed one back but got a different one. When I try to install the new 7th blade the msa selective storage presentation does not see it. It still sees the two old ones that we got rid of, but it says they are offline. I don't see any way of removing them from the selective storage presentation. I was thinking of shutting down everything and rebooting the array and the baldes in the hopes that the two offline blades will be removed from the selective storage presentation. Does anyone have any idea if that will work or how to remove them from the selective storage presentation in another way so i can install this new blade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back