Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Word - 'Round Robin' Form filling by several users via e-mail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llwynog

Technical User
Feb 12, 2004
GB
I'm looking to send a Word document via e-mail to several userson our intranet(First user completes their part of the form then forwards it to second on list etc).
Ideally it would be advantageous if the users could only access that part of the document (section) that they are going to complete - any ideas please.
As always, your help is really appreciated.
Regards

I can think of a couple of ways of achieving this.

The first is with VBA using the environ function (this tells Word who is accessing it)to find out who the user is (possible if you know who's gonna be filling in what) You could make certain fields enabled dependent on who is accessing the form. I would suggest using the VBA forum to get some coding ideas for this approach. (Not that good at vba myself).

The secound approach would depend on whether or not all your users have access to your LAN. If so, you could stick a link from the intranet to a hub page that has each users name on it. Each user would then be able to go straight to a bookmark for there "area" of the Word form.

This method is a lot more restrictive, but less complicated... There might be a couple more coding solutions, but I would recomment going to the VBA forum for some ideas..

Dr [lightsaber]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back