Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Word Image color reverses on printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

clevelandjwb

Programmer
May 18, 2004
US
I want to include an image from a scanned report in another report I am preparing. The scanned image is a TIFF. I inserted the picture and cropped it to size. There is text above and below it.

This worked well. I decided it might be nice to have a border around the image to set it off. I selected the item and followed help instructions in order to do this and it looked fine on the screen.

When I printed the report, the image became a negative of what was on the screen while the rest of the document printed correctly. By negative, I mean that the report which was originally black became white and the background which was originally clear became black. The thing actually looks quite nice but since quite a few copies are going to be made of this report, I would not like to waste that amount of tonor.

I went back and did a print preview and the image still looks correct in the preview. Using Office 2003 running Windows XP printing to a network printer which is served by a Windows 2003 server box, the printer is an HP8500.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back