Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Word default font?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirLoin

Technical User
Feb 7, 2001
US
I use MSWord 97 and like to make my documents a single page if at all possible. If I'm changing the body of the doc and it starts another page I will change the font down a size and it will usually fit. Sometimes the second page is still in the window without any text.
Here is the problem - with the cursor at the end of my name (the last thing on the page) I start hitting the delete key to delete the second page and when the page disappears it changes my name's font on the last line to Times New Roman - yuk - I hate Times New Roman! My normal template is set up with Arial as the default font and I'm typing in Arial - why does just this line change?
Any help is appreciated. I'm still waiting for my copy of "MENSA for Dummies"

If you haven't already, try changing the default font. You can do this from the Font option in the Format menu. From the Font tab, select the font you want to set as the default. When you select it, click on the default button. This will set it to your selection. Please note, this will apply to the Normal template, which is what all new documents are based. I hope this is what you are looking for.

:( Thanks, but that's the first thing I did. It's what I thought would change it for sure - I am almost ready to take Times New Roman out of my font folder, but I know it will cause problems with other programs. I'm still waiting for my copy of "MENSA for Dummies"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back