Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Word crashes if opening saved text from Quark 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

howdoyou

Technical User
Jul 9, 2003
CA
here's the senario: quark 6, mac OS X
we have a 36 page manual with different fonts, font sizes, etc. we have to extract all of the text (save text), then save it in ms word. if we open this file, word immediately shuts down saying that it has unexpectedly quit. any ideas as to why this happens?

are you savng all the text boxes together as one single file? word may not be able to read the components that make up the textboxes themselves. You may have to save text in each text box one by one. another way you can do this is to export all the pages as HTML and copy/paste into MS Word. This may work better in some cases. good luck

------------------------------------------------------------

Check out my website at:

Have you installed all the updates to Word for OS X from the Microsoft website? I was having all kinds of problems with Word until I installed all the updates. Cleaned most of the glitches right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back