Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Word 2000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VieiraR

MIS
Jul 3, 2003
US
I am having an issue with Headers in MS Word 2000. I will go to view Header and Footer. I will insert my Header then do Insert Autotext and choose Page X of Y. Everything looks fine on the screen and in print preview. However, when I print I get 1 of 1 then 2 of 2 then 3 of 3 ...... so on and so on. Any ideas as to what is causeing this. Thank in advance.

Rich

1. One way to check what SkipVought suggested...that you did use "Page X of Y" Tools/Options/Print(tab)\Include with Document\Check the "Field codes" options. You will see in Print Preview "Page {PAGE} of {NUMPAGES}" if you used Page X of Y.
2. Do you have the problem in the one document only?
3. Create a new test document and try to see if happens with it. If it does happen again delete all Normal.dot files (warning this will delete all custom toolbars) from you C:\drive and start Word - it will create a new Normal.dot file. Test the headers/footers again. What happens?

MBLASTER

bkpchs237 that site helped me solve the issue. Thanks to all for your quick response. :-D

VieiraR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back