Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Win 2003 server + mirrored HDDs + ARC path changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdentff

Technical User
Jan 3, 2003
CA
Hello,

I've just completed mirroring the two SATA drives in my server.

Each drive has 2 partitions, OS is loaded onto first partition.

I was going through the instruction set @ MS ( and I'm stuck on section called "Mirror the boot and system volume" step #4, "If you now want to boot from the new mirrored disk, you have to change the Boot.ini ARC path that points the computer to the partition in which the system files are located."

No idea how to do change the ARC path, (yes I know notepad) or what I should put in.

This is my current boot.ini file:
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Standard" /fastdetect

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Boot Mirror C: - secondary plex"

The last thing I want to do here is screw this up.

Any help?

Thanks,

/.Chris

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important.~B.Russell~
/.Chris

I assume you're talking about a software mirror?

Try here, there's a little more on troubleshooting.

I never use software mirrors anymore, I find it takes too much performance away from the server, and they aren't reliable. You really should set up a hardware raid.

~ K.I.S.S - Don't make it any more complex than it has to be ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back