Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS VSS 8.0 and Business Objects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2009
GB
Hi All

Iam new to MS VSS, Iam looking at a ways to integrate MS VSS with Business Objects i.e. Crystal Reports and Universe. I have put toghther a rough plan of how my version/source control will work ie.

Development Environment

1. Developer adds crystal report
2. check out - to central location, makes changes, saves back to central location and then check in.
3. After check in the developer uploads the report from the central location to the Business Objects repository.

Now this is where I am unsure how MS VSS works, next stage from a developer's point of view would be to transfer the reports to the test environment. Now in MS VSS would that mean creating a 'test database/folder' and somehow transferring the report to the 'test database/folder' and then that replicated at folder level in a shared location? I dont really know so I am looking for anyone who has this set-up....???

Any questions please ask....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back