Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS VPN Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brsexton

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2007
US
Hello all. I have a VPN server setup using Windows Server 2003. Everything works fine when connecting to the VPN server from home etc. The problem I am running into is that I have set up a laptop outside of our network that connects back to my work place using the VPN server. It has a printer attached and I need a few client PC's on the inside of my network to print to the shared printer connected to this VPN client on the outside of our network. The problem is, unless the inside clent PC's are also connected to the VPN server, they can't ping the IP address of the laptop on the outside. I have set a static internal IP to the VPN connection to the laptop. I know it is working because if the inside client dials the VPN server, it will print. I need the inside clents not to have to dial the VPN just to print to this printer. I hope someone can help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back