Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Report builder, automate, barcode scan, print, reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianjmc1

MIS
Nov 28, 2017
US
currently using Microsoft Report builder to create a label after user types in a part number. This works fine, but user needs to click print button, clear field. User now wants it automated, with scanning a barcode(part #) and automatically printing and clearing the field. I have the scan working fine, I just need to automate, automatic hitting of the print button and then clearing the field to be ready for the next scan. Again, I have the scan input properly, but the part about automating printing and then clear input field for next scan is my sticking point. anyway of automating this in Report builder or will i need to jump to creating a program in VB? The data comes from a MSSQL source...

The user is trying to go through the warehouse and scan a bunch of part numbers, then come back to his station and have the labels ready to peel and place on the bags for scanned parts.

Thanks for any help,
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back