Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ms Query Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmoes

MIS
Apr 24, 2003
CA
Hey all,

Silly question because the word query should speak for itself...

when I am joining tables and moving stuff around.. it's not manipulating the actual tables is it? just need to be safe as I can't mess with originals db files.

thanks!

~AZ

Just read.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

If you have a query open in Access and add/delete, those changes will migrate back to the tables. Not sure what you mean by "MS Query".

Beir bua agus beannacht!

MS Query is used by office to retrieve data from external sources. Used by office products other than Access :)

HTH << MaZeWorX >> "I have not failed I have only found ten thousand ways that don't work" <<Edison>>

From my MSQuery experience if you move data round etc... it does not update your source data at all.

All updates would have to be done in your source data (for example Access tables)

The only way you can update directly would to be use a command of some sort (SQl update for example) from within Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back