Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS QUERY in Excel Vanishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

PETEHO

Programmer
Jan 17, 2002
GB
I have some users who run various MS QUERY's. I have written some and some they write themselves. Some of these queries run when you open the excel spreadsheet. You can refresh them once but then the ability to refresh dissapears and you can not edit the query. On some spreadsheets this happens almost all the time, some howerever are sporadic and happen only when it seems to be important. Has anyone had any instances of this. It is though there has never been a query written

Thanks

Pete

Hi,

Select the sheet in which the QueryTable resides.

Select the Name Box drop down and look for somthing like Query form... and select that Name. It should select the QueryTable.

If there is none at all, you will have to reconstruct the query.

I can offer suggestions relating to how to avoid such loss in the future.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a diminutive clarvoyant had disappeared from detention, headlines read...
Small Medium at Large[tongue][/sub]

I have had this problem (Excel 2003) and not found the cause although it may be linked to automatic update and/or parameter queries linked to Excel cells.

However, when the query disappears immediately after a refresh I can usually reinstate the query with an immediate Undo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back