Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Publisher - curving shapes and watermarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

pumanic

Instructor
Jan 7, 2005
GB
Hi Guys

Wonder if you can help?

Am trying to create a rectangle shape within Publisher with one curvy edge. So, I drew a rectangle and filled it red, then copied an oval shape over the top and filled it white. That's fine works OK.

However, I have a watermarked image on the page and I need that to show through the white part of the oval shape which has been overlaid on the red rectangle. Can't make it transparent cos then the white bit that's blanking out the red rectangle becomes clear and the curve is gone....SO I grouped them, copied and pasted into Paint and then inserted the shapes back as one shape and then I was able to use the transparency tool for the white bit. The problem now is that the curve has lost its definition and has become more pixelated and looks pants when printed.

Any ideas how I can overcome this problem will be gratefully received!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back