Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Proxy server and access via Smartgate (VPN) - Dynamic IP fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwana

MIS
Sep 22, 1999
US
Hi;<br>
<br>
I have a Windows NT 4.0 LAN connected to MS Proxy Server. Clients access via Virtual Private Network called SmartGate. I have NT security set to allow access to ranges of IPs. Clients outside their firewall use SmartGate to access their own intranet, then our site (part of their intranet, but stored outside their firewall on our LAN). people with computers that have static IP gain access (we add their IP). Some of these people have computers with dynamic IP and are unable to access our site. Is there a way to configure Proxy Server to handle such access requests and still maintain limited security cheaply and relatively easily? This is not a high security site, just private. Thanks for any help and suggestions.

i think you are missing the configuration of the client access lists for the smartgate.<br>
try and see if you can specify a range of hosts ( your dhcp allowed scope)for access in the smartgate setting..<br>
<br>
if the ms proxy is configured properly then they should be able to do stuff fine ... you are having a problem with your smartgate config imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back