Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Project tries to Install when I open Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotSoLucky

Technical User
Jan 11, 2005
US
I have an irritating problem that continues to disrupt business where I work.

We run Office 2003 on our desktops. Some of our employees want Project Professional, so I installed Project Professional 2007.

Now whenever they open up Outlook 2003, Project 2007 Professional tries to install.
It is happening on every system I install Project 2007 on.

What the heck is this? And how do I fix it?

I just tried the clean up utility. that didn't change anything.

Any other ideas?

I am having the same issue. There is an add-in you can install for Project 2007 to work with Outlook 2003 or greater. With this being said, I am wondering if 2007 installed something in the startup of Outlook to update/configure automatically. I checked the com add-ins/add-ins in Outlook but no luck. I am going to check Project to see if there is an option.

I did the installer cleanup utility. When I opened Outlook, I recieved an error pertaining to Project regarding registry strings not valid. I had to click ok about 5 times. Now, when I close and reopen, it opens up, no errors and no installer. I installed Project SP1 last week also. Hopefully all is well. Let me know if you find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back