Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Photodraw 2000 & .mix files 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkshireman2

Programmer
Jan 21, 2005
CA
Here we are just over 12 years after thread68-254412 and I seem to have the same problem mentioned in that thread. There was no solution there so I wonder, did anyone ever find a simple solution???
The reason: I just realised that some of my old family photo files are in .mix format and I can't open them now. (They used to open fine when I was running my windows 2000 pc with Photodraw on it some years ago)
I would like to convert them to a common format so I can view them from now onwards.
Nothing on my XP computer will open them so I tried my old pentium III windows 2000 pc and reinstalled Office 2000 premium to get Photodraw running.
Simple eh?
Except..... all attempts to open Photodraw result in "The instruction at "0x77fcb007" referenced memory at "0x6d695340". The memory could not be "written".
"Click on OK to terminate the program. Click on CANCEL to debug the program."
Just like the old post.

If I leave it for a while I then get another message saying "Cannot find the file 'F:\blah-blah\myPicture3.mix' (or one of its components).
Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available."

Has anybody solved this yet?

Great! That worked perfectly. Thanks, dhookom.
I had tried someone's advice to use a program called "Polyview" but that only brought out one layer of the file and it was an awful, flat colour!

So Microsoft Digital Image Starter Edition 2006 correctly opens all layers and allows saving in popular formats.

By the way, Duane, your member profile is quite impressive- I bet I'll be seeing some more of your posts [bigsmile]

We don't have a "Solved" tag here.

However, if you've found a particular member's post to be valuable it is customary to reward them with a Little Purple Star by using the

Like this post?
Star it!

Link at the bottom of the appropriate post.

Hi Duane, this is off topic but I'm curious- you used the word 'fora'; I have never seen this but is this in fact the correct latin plural for 'forum'?

I could say,"it's Greek to me," but I'd be about 600 miles to the east.

I like it anyway. It's amazing what comes up from another topic. Programmers seems to be this way naturally- probably because code is always branching off somewhere else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back