Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Personal Folders Backup add-in will not install

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinrharris

Technical User
Oct 24, 2002
GB
I have installed MS Personal Folders Backup add-in on a client’s desktop computer running Windows 7 Pro and Office 2010. However, after an apparently successful installation (in that there were no error messages), it doesn't appear as an add-in in Outlook. In fact, Outlook doesn't have an add-ins tab and it doesn't appear in Options > add-ins. The Add-ins tab is checked, so it looks as though Outlook has not created the menu entry in Add-ins and as Outlook is not aware of any Add-ins, it does not display the tab.

I found the following article: and ran the FixIt, but this has not resolved the problem.
I have turned UAC off on the affected computer. I logged on as Domain Administrator and uninstalled MS Personal Folders Backup. I re-booted, logged on again as Domain Administrator and re-installed it. The registry key that needs to be changed according to was there and I made the modification indicated. The program appeared in Programs & Features and it also appeared in Outlook under the "Add-ins" tab.

I then logged on as the user and the registry entry was not present (so I could not make the change) and the Add-ins tab was not present.

So it appears to have a problem with the user.

Any assistance with this would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back