Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Patch and Office XP-Network drives 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torotech

Technical User
May 19, 2004
GB
Hi All,

Anyone having problems with the new Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-015? I have "some" machines now where MS Office XP products go to "not responding" when you tey to "Save As" and it tries to hit our network drives. If you uninstall this latest patch, it work fine. Doing MS updates for Office, repair, re-install do not work...only uninstalling this patch. Any ideas as to what this patch does..or how to patch the patch?

Best Regards,

Todd

We've hit at least one instance of this so far, but other testing hasn't reproduced the issue yet. There's very little traffic on this out on the web that I've seen so far, but no one has a decent solution yet.

'Save As' problems with this update are being reported on the Windows XP and Security NGs. Uninstalling update 908531 seems to work for now. Reports indicate MS is working on a fix.

Cheers

[MS MVP - Word]

Gentlemen,

Thanks! Please let me know if you hear anything..

Best Regards,
Todd

Macropad,

Thanks again. Now I know why only some users had the problem.

Best Regards,
Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back