Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Outlook reminder error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLK3541

IS-IT--Management
Mar 29, 2005
US
I have a user the every time he start Microsoft outlook 2003, he gets this error message "there was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment". Does anyone know why this message is coming up and how to get rid of it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Pat

have the user start outlook this way:
Start, Run, Outlook.exe /cleanfreebusy

if that does nto work do an offline defrag of the database followed by running ISINTEG to correct errors.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Markdmac,

Thanks for that helpful post, if I run the Outlook.exe / cleanfreebusy will the Outlook reminders still work? Does it work the same as /cleanreminders? Also when using ISINTEG should this tool be run after hours or can I use this utility while users are still on the server?

Thanks for your help in this matter

Pat

You very well may want to run both Outlook switches to try and repair as much of the users mailbox as you can. The CleanFreeBusy will resolve issues with reporting of calendar free time which can have an impact. /cleanreminders is an even better choice and I'm sorry I forgot to mention that one.

You will find a good listing and explanation of the switches here:

ISINTEG needs to be run after hours. You can refer to my FAQ faq955-5581 for info on how to run it. Provided you get a clean shutdown you will not need to run the ESEUTIL /g or /p switches. You will still need to clean out any unneeded log files where directed in the FAQ.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back