Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Outlook 2003 thread will not terminate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiggsy

Technical User
Apr 12, 2001
CA
Hi,

I just thought that I would try on here before trying to wrestle this crazy little beastie!!

Network Server of MS Windows Small Business Server 2003, with domain.
Desktop PC with Outlook 2003 configured for Exchange only, no POP3 or other mail types.

Now, when the user (only affects single user) closes MS OUtlook, the thread does not terminate, and remains open in Task Manager. Waiting half an hour has not seen this thread terminate, so I presume it will remain open indefinitely. If we try and re-open MS Outlook, a new thread will appear but nothing much else happens. The user usually has about a dozen OUTLOOK threads open by the time I make my way down to her PC.
Terminating all open OUTLOOK processes from Task Manager results in us being able to open Outlook cleanly. I've also noticed that if this occurs with three or two OUTLOOK threads in T/M that closing the original thread and either of the 'new' threads permits the other 'new' thread to open succesfully.

Any ideas from anyone would be well appreciated, otherwise I have a feeling it will a long day tomorrow.

Cheers,

Spiggsy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back