Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Office "Not installed by Current User "

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimLeslie

Technical User
Jul 22, 2003
GB
I'm at a loss. All of a sudden a user has an issue with all their MS Office 2003 which they can no longer access as they get 'MS Word/Excel/etc has not been installed by the current user. Please run setup to install the app'. I've crawled around looking for what looks like a common problem and attempted all the 'fixes'. So far I have Uninstalled Office, amended the registry entry to allow the current user (Who has admin rights anyway?) and re-installed. No goog. Just installed using admin, it worked on admin but then switched users and got the same error, despite importing the admin reg key fro office. This is driving me mad, anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Tim

[ol]
[li]Turn off computer.[/li]
[li]Unplug computer.[/li]
[li]Take out to back alley.[/li]
[li]Pull out sawed-off shotgun you keep under your shirt.[/li]
[li]Point/Aim (at the computer)[/li]
[li]Pull trigger.[/li]
[li]Phone computer seller.[/li]
[li]Request warranty replacement.[/li]
[/ol]
[LOL]

No, no, not really... [wink]

Have you tried logging the same user with the same access onto another machine to at least narrow down whether it's something on that machine rather than the user's profile?

Or have you tried creating a different profile for the same user on the same system, to see if it's the profile, and not the machine?

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back