Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Office license volume vs retail

Status
Not open for further replies.

helsknight

IS-IT--Management
Nov 10, 2004
US
We have @40 users

I just got a quote for volume license on MS office standard for $365 per license.

Retail MS Home and Business which has the same products is $247 at CDW.

That's a difference of $118 per license for $4720 total savings. Can anyone tell me why I should go with VL other then it's easier to manage the license.

Thanks! -Hels

Depends how much you value Business Contact Manager and Publisher ... (or perhaps even Software Assurance)

be sure to look at all the options.

There are various licensing programs (Open Value, Open License, Select and a few others), and each one of them has different options and values.

Software assurance would enable you to use the newer versions of the software when they come out. and so on.

My advise is to look at several companies that provide Microsoft Licensing advise, ask them to give you values based on the several options available and decide based on that.

Note also that if your company meets one of the following you may also avail of the Microsoft Action Pack which would reduce the number of licenses you require.

Code:
IT consulting services provider
Independent hardware vendor (IHV)
Independent software vendor (ISV) 
Large account reseller (LAR)
Original equipment manufacturer (OEM)
Software hoster
Software support provider 
System builder 
Systems integrator 
Software training provider
Value-added IT provider (VAP)
Value-added reseller (VAR)
Web designer
Web marketing agency

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

I would also add to Frederico's list an academic institution (School, College, university, library, museum etc).

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back