Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Internet Explorer for the Macintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.

macinyart

Technical User
Nov 10, 2001
US
I have searched the faqs without success for the answer to this dilemma. If it is there, please direct me to it. I would like to download IE 5 and Outlook Exress to a Macintosh Power PC with OS 8.1 and 96 MB Ram and ample HD space. When I start the download using AOL(my only isp) as access to the net, I can find the MS download site just fine. I see at least two options for download, the .bin filetype and the .hqx filetype. When I select either to download it comes into my Mac as a .smi filetype. Then when I try to open it I get an error message -39. If I try to drag and drop it onto my StuffIt expander I get an error message: The Shrinkwrap engine has found an error. I have found that the .smi filetype is a "self mounting image". How can I get my Mac to open this file? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back