Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS InterDev Name and Password Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

faiza77

Programmer
Dec 13, 2003
GB
can any one please help me to sort out why Ms InterDev asking me for a name and pasword when i want to open a project- because i have added the IIS from the cd of windowes xp- and i tried to open a project it askes to enter the server name i entred "localhost" i clicke "next" then a messagesays"Name and Password Required-Web Application- localhost:80- and the user name which is MycomputerName\Administrator" i have tried the password that i use to log in to my pc but it won't accept any think- if any one face this problem befor and have sloved it or some one knowes how to get around it i will grateful for the help

I could not find a resolution for this issue. Anyone arrive at a solution?

This worked for me
1. Open Visual InterDev 6.0, but do not attempt to create a project. Press Cancel when you are prompted to open or create a project.
2. On the Tools menu, select Options.
3. In the Options dialog box, click the plus sign next to Projects.
4. Click Web Proxy Settings to select that item.
5. Deselect the Use system settings check box.
6. Delete any entries in the "HTTP proxy:" text box.
7. Delete any entries in the "List of hosts without proxy (host:port,...):" text box.
8. Select the Do not use proxy server for local (intranet) addresses check box.
9. Click OK.

Do you have an anti-virus program running? If so, shut it off or disable it and see if it changes things. I've had a problem in the past with the anti-virus protection blocking me.

Try creating a new project and name it something you haven't used before. I've had the exact same problem and this worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back