Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ms home network problem-after changing router

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJEshop

Technical User
Sep 17, 2003
US
We are running a network of 3 home computers 2 with xp home and one with xp pro. When our cable router quit we replaced it with a microsoft router ( not my choice but it was easy to set up) at which time we have one computer that we can not see on tthe newtork can not ping, can not print using the networked printer etc... and we get the following error message everytime we try to look at our network recsources; "ms home not assessable you do not have permission to use this network resource." Everything on the network is automatic thru the router w/ dns. (which is not what im used to.I had a lynksys router before and assigned everything before. THe other 2 computers run just fine and all network resources are avaliable and functioning the way they should. Any Ideas??? Thanks so much weve been fighting this for several months with no luck.

still have this problem.... no one has any ideas?

To make sure I'm following correctly, not only can the problem machine be seen, but it cannot see any other network resource? Have you checked the hardware for this machine? This includes the ethernet cable, router port and ethernet card.

On the problem machine, open a command prompt and type ipconfig /all. Compare the results with the good machines.

sorry it took so long to reapond... we fixed it...it works now... dont really know how..LOL but something we did fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back