Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Great Plains and Crystal assistance please

Status
Not open for further replies.

markajem

Programmer
Dec 20, 2001
US
I have been asked by my old employer to come in and do some work with MS Great Plains and create Crystal reports. I have never worked with Great Plains which is okay with my past employer, he mainly wants me back to do some crystal reports for him and other employees there. But I am not scheduled to go in until Mid Sept. Can;t go in until then, will step on toes. But in the mean time I would like to become familiar with the database structure and the file/field structure so i can do some homework before i go in. This way when i sit with the employees i can relate their needs to the files/records of Great Plains and it will make my life easier.

If there any place on the net that I can get the file names and the structures of the files/fields so I can start getting myself familiar with thier files and how it stores the data in the different files. I would like to have some knowledge before i walk in the door.

Any assistance would be helpful.

Thanks
Mark

Thanks Rcman. i went to the site but not really ready to download an entire demo yet. But i have book marked the page ifi need it. i would like to get a few more replies first that may lead me directly to their files, file names and fields etc. I dought that downloading the demo will tell me much about the file/fields.

Thanks
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back