Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Front Page 2003 - Cell Height changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeboyerp

Technical User
May 8, 2010
CA
Hello,

I'm using MS Front Page 2003 to design a website. I am having problems with the height of header cells changing between MS Front Page Preview and viewed in the browser (IE or Firefox).

For instance, one of my rows contains buttons in separate cells separated by text (i.e. "::"). Some of these buttons are linked with layers to create a drop down menu effect with mouse over.

The pages appear as they should in the Preview, with the layers (i.e., drop down menus upon mouse over) lining up correctly. When published and viewed in a web-browser (IE or Firefox) though certain cells (nominally the ones containing text) suddenly increase in height, meaning that items end up looking disproportioned and the layers out of place (i.e., appear too high up).

I've tried specifying the pixel height of the cells, setting them to 100% and changing the font type and size, without any effect. There does not appear to be any cell containing text that forces a larger height for the row. Revealing Tags did not show any unwarranted pilcrows (¶), and changing Height to Style in the code made no perceivable difference.

What am I doing wrong? Or what can I do to rectify this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back