Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Foxpro Version 2.6 Msgbox() position 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlg13

Technical User
May 10, 2001
US
Hello and Happy New Year.

The display of msgbox() is appearing outside of the borders of the Foxpro shell (window) and I was wondering if there is a setting (possibly through config.fpw or similar) that I can control position of this box?

Thanks,
Joe

First, a messagebox is a system window. The usual default for the display of a messagebox is the center of the same display as the process making the messagebox call. Some graphic card drivers allow to fix it that way.

As a messagebox is modal it's not trivial to take control over it, but look here:
=> MODIFY MESSAGEBOX EXAMPLE

Chriss

This will happen if the main VFP window is not maximised, and if its position is such that it does not include the centre point of the screen. I would say that was an unusual situation. If you have a good reason to configure the main window like that, you will have to put up with the messagebox not being contained within the window.

The only alternative I can think of is to create your own message box, based on a modal VFP form.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Thank you gentlemen. I'll have a look and try a few things. this happens mostly to me when I use my laptop screen and connecting via VPN. The actual screen size is bigger than my display and if I change resolution to see 100% of the screen, everything is tiny... therefore not practical. I can reposition the entire fox screen towards the middle and this solves my working in fox as the msgbox also as stated goes to the middle... but then my other windows prompts show up off screen. Its a never ending battle :)

Thanks again
Joe

In many remote desktop solutions ou can decide the size of the remote host desktop and don't have to take it as is.
That's also for the windows native remote desktop session. OPen the rdp file in an editor and look for the lines with desktopwidth and desktop size.

You don't connect to the remote display, you connect to a remote desktop, and that has the size of your choice, not the size recommended by the host hardware, a usual terminal server even doesn't have a display.

Chriss

CHRIS!

That fixed the underlying issue!!!

You're a genius

Thank you,
joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back