Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Exchange Server not mounting

Status
Not open for further replies.

smarch

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2002
US
I have a problem with MS Exchange coming up with all services but still no one can get into it.
The following message is in the Events View under Application Log. The MAPI call "OpenMsgStore" failed with the following error: The MS Exchange server computer is not available. Either there are network problems, or the MS Ex Server is down for maintenance. The MAPI provider failed. The MS Exchange Server Information Store ID no 8004011d-0526-00000000
When I follow the link provided it send me to the info on Event ID 9175 which states I need to run eseutil /r
Everything Ive read states NOT to do this unless its a last resort.
So I have also checked for viruses which they had some, cleaned all those out, ran Stinger, tried to delete BadMail by renaming it to .old but it takes forever and never completely deletes the folder. In the meantime I did create a new blank folder to replace it.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated on what I should do next before the eseutil? And if I have to run the eseutil any advise on that would be appreciated as well.
Thanks so much.
Sandy

Cold boot the server. Ensure all external drives are restarted while the server is off. Check SCSI chain.

Then check error log.
Then check OWA for yourself on the server itself.

Last resort, stop all Exchange services, copy priv.* to somewhere else (even another server) and eseutil /r

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back