Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Exchange/Outlook Funny Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

eugene66

MIS
Apr 1, 2002
MY
Our company has close to 100 users.
Recently one of the client PC has a funny problem with her MS Outlook.
She can receive email.
She can send and forward email.
She cannot reply email.
But she can reply email if she does not open the email she wants to reply.
I notice that if she do not open the email to reply, the reply window is MS Outlook.
But if she open the email and click rpely, the reply window is MS Exchange.
The error msg is this case is someting about the exchange32.exe file problem...

hi,
Two Questions,

1) Does this happen to any other user if they logon to that computer?
2) Does this happen to her if she uses a different computer?

If other users are experiencing the same problem that computer try using the repair option, available by opening the add / remove software option in the control pannel, clicking on the required software (Microsoft Office normaly) and then select "Change" this should give you an option to repair.

If it happens to her on other computers then their is a problem with her profile, if it is a roaming profile try to restore this from a backup, or from a different computer. If the problem only happens on that computer then it is the local profile, again change this to a working one from a different computer.

If you would like any more advice or this is not clear let me know.

russell

Thanks.
We solved it the hard way...
We tried reinstalling Exchange Client and MS Outlook on her PC but that doesn't help.
Then we reinstalled NT4.0 (since we did not have repair disk) and this resulted in a different problem.
Everytime she starts MS Outlook, we get MAPI spooler stopped unexpectedly message...
This we later debugged to stem from her mailbox (not Exchange but the MailNow!) We used MailNow! for external emails. So we created a new email account for her and now weverything is working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back