Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Excel Spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpvone

MIS
Aug 16, 2001
US
I'm posting this here because I looked experts on Excel and found one who posts here. This may seem to ba a simple question, but I'm a network guy and rarely utilize or Support excel....until now. I have a user who upon returning from vacation found one of his spreadsheets reformat in a strange way. It appears to be locked - the menu bar has no minimize/maximize buttons, he is unable tosee the sheet tabs at the bottom and cannot, move or rezize the window. I've check the file properties and everything looks normal. I've looked at all the formatting, view options and have been unable to find anything. Anyone have any suggestion on how to revert this back to a normal view???

Thanks,
Dan

Hi,

Have him check the Tools/Options - View Tab: Window Options section - Row & Column Headers (for a start).

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be advised:[/red] When you ignite a firecracker in a bowl of vanilla, chocolate & strawberry ice cream, you get...
Neopolitan Blownapart! [tongue][/sub]

Try the view manu and make sure ful screen hasn't been selected.

Also under tools-options and make sure things like

Sheet Tabs
Vertical Scroll Bar
Horizontal Scroll bar
Row & Colunm Headers

Etc are all turned on.

Thanks all, for the suggestions. I tried all of them and all looks normal. But, and this is a big but, I'm not positive that I'm even looking at the properties for that spreadsheet. The traits it exhibits lead me to believe that it's been locked down, but I've looked at that too.

Try maximizing the window for the workbook using VBA
1) ALT + F11 to open the VBA Editor
2) CTRL + G to open the Immediate pane
3) Type the following ctiveWindow.Maximcommand, then hit the Enter key:
Code:
ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlMaximized
Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back