Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Excel - Select sample of 1 record for Unique Dept/Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

BxWill

MIS
Mar 30, 2009
US
Have five columns on an MS Excel worksheet containing over 20000 records with unique Equipment IDs.

I am attempting to create formulae for columns 4 and 5 to extract just one equipment ID per unique department and for unique region.

Any insight as how to best accomplish this using a formula in column 4 and 5?

TekTips_20181017A_tqnjec.gif

Note, within the display, I manually inserted some values in columns 4 and 5 to provide an example of what I am trying to accomplish.

Currently reviewing the use of Index Match with offset but have not successfully created a formula that will extract the desired results.

In the near future, I will have to select 3 unique ids for each department and for each region. Currently, just selecting one Equipment ID will suffice.

Hi,

A pretty picture is uh, er, um....PRETTY. And that’s pretty much all it’s worth. Can’t COPY the data the the pixels represent. It’s pretty useless, unless one wants to take the time to manually copy to help. But I’m not that motivated now, having just got up, took out the trash, read some eMail and having a pecan pie and coffee.

Also, while you’re thinking about it, what’s the criteria for the selection because there are absolutely no UNIQUE EquipmentIDs for either Department or Region.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back