Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Excel Import Utility for Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

glxman

Technical User
Apr 19, 2007
GB
Hi, I'm working for an organisation who have a quite stringent IT policy which effects ActiveX and in turn disables some the built in functionality of MS Office.

I have got work arounds for most things I need - however I need to process a lot of spreadsheets of different sources through MS Access, but the import spreadsheet wizard does not work at all.

Is there a generic piece of code being shared that could replace the wizards functionality?

Many thanks
Richard

Ok but I was wondering if there was any utility that had been developed to replicate the wizard, with Access forms etc.

I have code to select files for import but these are specific to the format of those spreadsheets.

Ideally I am looking for a generic utility that will read Excel spreadsheets as selected, and allow you to import, selecting headers, adding primary keys, indexes etc.

Does anyone know of such a utility?

Thanks
Richard

Because you might be able to make it rounder ;-)

Additional funtionality could include, importing multiple items at once, looping through records allowing you to amend and correct during the import procedure - I am sure there is more.

I am sure others will agree that the existing wizard could be more efficient and flexible, especially data analysis tasks when a lot of imports are required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back