Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Excel Hyperlink To Increment By Row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zipur

Programmer
Jul 5, 2002
CA
I have a spreadsheet that has a cell with the following value: (note: true file path removed to keep it clean)

=IF('C:\[1025.xls]Information'!$B$63<>0,'C:\[1025.xls]Information'!$B$63,IF('C:\[1025.xls]Project Information'!$C$7<>0,'C:\[1025.xls]Project Information'!$C$7,&quot;New Job&quot;))

I want to make the 1025.xls increment on each line. Right now everything works, but each job# has to be manually updated.

I have tried creating a cell with a value of 1025 then incrementing that each line (which works) and then trying to add that value to the cell with the formula but I cant seem to get the right punctuation.

I have googled the problem and keep coming up to these forums, so I thought I would ask here :)

Thanks for any help.

Zipur

going with you having a cell with incrementing number on each line (say in column Z)

=IF(INDIRECT(&quot;'C:\[&quot; & Z1 & &quot;.xls]Information'!$B$63&quot;)<>0,INDIRECT(&quot;'C:\[&quot; & Z1 & &quot;.xls]Information'!$B$63&quot;,IF(INDIRECT(&quot;'C:\[&quot; & Z1 & &quot;.xls]Project Information'!$C$7&quot; <>0,indirect(&quot;'C:\[&quot; & Z1 & &quot;.xls]Project Information'!$C$7&quot;),&quot;New Job&quot;))

should do the job
else, if you don't want the incrementing number on each line, you could use:
(starting on row 1)
=IF(INDIRECT(&quot;'C:\[&quot; & 1024 + row() & &quot;.xls]Information'!$B$63&quot;)<>0,INDIRECT(&quot;'C:\[&quot; & 1024 + row() & &quot;.xls]Information'!$B$63&quot;,IF(INDIRECT(&quot;'C:\[&quot; & 1024 + row() & &quot;.xls]Project Information'!$C$7&quot; <>0,indirect(&quot;'C:\[&quot; & 1024 + row() & &quot;.xls]Project Information'!$C$7&quot;),&quot;New Job&quot;))

HTH Rgds
Geoff

Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back