Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Excel 2007 - Links with MS Word - Links Lost by Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caz59

Vendor
Dec 2, 2007
NL
Hi there,

Am using MS Office 2007, I have created an Excel document and some Word documents, all links working just fine.

If I email the documents to anyone all the links are lost. On my own computer when I open Word it asks if I want to update the links, fine me thinks.

If I then email the files to anyone all the fields in Word are lost and when right clicking on the Word fields I get a drop down menu with Object and not Update Link.

HELP!

Thanks, will give it a go, had realised that it was a path problem as when pressing Alt-F9 in the Word document saw the original path.

Painful as will have to change a lot of links, aaahhhh.....

Hi Macropod or anyone else,

Well have had a go at this and still can't get to work. There just must be a way to make the paths relative and not absolute.

Please help!

All the best,
Caz

Hi Caz59,

As previously indicated, the filepaths inserted by Word are always absolute. The links I posted take you to workarounds for making fields other than LINK fields (which is what you've got) relative, and macros that will update link fields also. If all your files live in the same folder, the macro at:
will solve the problem.

Cheers

[MS MVP - Word]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back