Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Dynamics GP 9 and SQL Server 2000 with SP 4, processing is very slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalmanJafri

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2013
SA
Hi,

I have MS Dynamics GP 9 with SP 4 and SQL Server 2000 SP 4, client are installed on individual user system and the customization done for screen as per user requirement, also we have home made application for Barcode (for produce qty punching(No Mfg module), receiving at Warehouse)also while sales Delivery batch created through barcode and then convert into dispatch and invoice.

the issue is we are getting several complains for system slow and several time GP is getting hang, some time errors Network time out.

I have checked the details in server and event viewer there is no issue found in Event and Netowrk is also good,

Log analysis show me the higher latency in cache memory, and several sleep connection(200) on SQL.

Hardware : Intel Xeon 2.6 Ghz, 8 processor with 24 GB RAM, Windows Server 2003 enterprise edition 32 bit

Barcode application developed in Vb.net and customization in GP in VBA,

please help me to resolve the same

Salman Jafri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back