Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS-Dos Question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

franksoprano

Technical User
Apr 13, 2002
US
Where can I download a copy of MS-DOS?

Thanks!

To my knowledge, you are not going to find MS-DOS for download at any reputable site. You can still find other versions of DOS if you do a search on Yahoo or Google, though.

If you actually want to find MS-DOS, you might check (I just did a search for 'ms dos' and found many). It is often that PC shops have old copies around that they are willing to give away (or sell for five bucks). I often find it at garage sales, etc also.

Good luck in your search! Mudskipper
___________________________________________________________________________________

Groucho said it best- "A four year-old child could understand this! Quick! Run out and find me a four year-old child: I can't make heads nor tails out of this!"

If you just need an MS-DOS boot disk, you can find these on the web in the form of EXE files which, when run, write the boot disk image onto a diskette.

Dos is hard to find now. There are still I few msdos versions out there that you can download from. Take a look at Freedos. If your just looking for a bootdisk, I suggest going to Try checking out dr-dos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back