Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS-DOS multiple configuration menu items (where are they)

Status
Not open for further replies.

onezeroone

Technical User
Feb 1, 2001
US
I have an IBM Stink Pad (usually works okay though) and a Logitech Track Man Marble +. After installing the Logitech mouse, even when it is not connected (i.e. while I use the built in pointing stick (an IBM Track Point IV) it thinks that it is a Logitech Track Man Marble +. Now, I have gone back and added it again, (Add New Hardware) and am getting an IRQ conflict on 12). The problem that I have is that because If you have a hardware profile named the same as an MS-DOS MULTIPLE CONFIGURATION MENU ITEM(?), the corresponding menu item should be started when you start, in that hardware profile. My THINK PAD DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THE DIFFERENCE WHEN THE BOX IS DOCKED OR UNDOCKED, IT ALWAYS STARTS THE SAME HARDWARE PROFILE. I would so love to be schooled, help a brother in need!

You can get software that allows you to change the configuration. Norton Mobile Essentials is one.
Hope this helps

I've also got a stinkpad, I use a Karna USB Razermouse with mine. I never bothered to change the driver for the teatmouse and I've never had a problem. I don't care what windows thought it was - it worked I left it.

Of course I'm running it on Win2K Pro, not Win95/98, which is prolly why it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back